The Penny Raven Memorial Bursaries are $500‐$1000 bursaries to be awarded to support
the education of women in technology and non‐traditional trades by providing assistance to applicants
in their quest for training at a recognized training institution. Each bursary will be designated on an
To be eligible you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Plan, proof of acceptance as a full‐time student at an accredited technical training institute in
- Have not previously received a bursary from the Penny Raven Memorial Bursary Fund.
- Be a Yukon Resident and provide proof of residency.
- Be a woman over the age of 19
Applications for this Bursary must be submitted no later than 1st of August for the fall session or no later than 1st of December for the spring session.
Recognizing that the length of trades training programs can vary, Yukon Women in Trades and Technology will pay to the successful recipient the amount of $250.00 increments to a maximum of $1000.00 paid throughout the
term of the program. Recipients will be responsible for any taxes owed as a result of obtaining this bursary.
Applicants must comply with the attending institutions policies. Failure to do so will result in funding being
cancelled. If the student withdraws prior to the end‐date of the program the agreement shall be terminated.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WITH THIS APPLICATION:
- Proof of registration in a trades training program at an accredited Yukon training institution.
- A copy of proof of citizenship.
- A copy of proof of Yukon residency (ie. Medical card or utility bills)
- Names and phone numbers of one work reference and one personal reference
If at all possible, please provide electronic copies of the above documentation. This application form provides the applicant with the option to attach and upload these files. Alternatively, copies of these documents may be faxed to the YUKONWITT Office at: (867) 633-5689 or mailed to:
Box 191 - 108 Elliott Street
- Do not submit resumes or reference letters.
- The responsibility for the completed application form rests with the applicant; every section in its entirety
must be completed.
- Yukon Women in Trades and Technology reserves the right to use recipient’s name and/or photograph for
- All information on the application will be held in strictest confidence.